Friday 20 May 2016

Spring is in the Air - Curve Piecing Pattern

Another one of my curve piecing patterns tried out:

Curve pieced tulip pattern

As it has a lot of background, I pulled out my florals, of which I don't have many, but these seem to work well together and with the accent fabrics. All those flowers are also the reason I called this piece "Spring is the Air".

I made a free-hand panel for it, too. Only when I finished it, did I notice that the two brightest red fabrics are too close together (( Maybe I'll change it later, but I don't feel like it now - it's improvisation, after all ;)).

curved pieced tulip

Linking to:


Fort Worth Fabric Studio

6 comments:

  1. Actually I think it complements the rose just like it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, so it's decided then - I won't change anything ))

      Delete
  2. Lena, I've never seen such beautiful, pictorial curved piecing before. Your work is amazing! The improv curves are lovely too, even with the reds near each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lara, I think I'm drawn to curves somehow rather than straight lines and angles, it's something that I miss in traditional patchwork. But these curved designs come so naturally - I have about a dozen in my sketchbook))

      Delete
  3. Very lovely tulip block. I like that you managed to use flowery fabric for the background without them taking over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was really an unusual decision for me - to use florals for the background, they just rhymed so well with the tulip colors.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...