Tuesday 29 November 2016

Christmas Wreath - Crafted Appliqué Style

Just wanted to share my entry to this year's Christmas challenge at the Eastern branch of Irish Patchwork Society.


I made it in express mode, in the last couple of days before the meeting, so no process pics. The background is a kind of ombre-effect log cabin, the image itself - free-hand, little-planned appliqué made using the Crafted appliqué method. I also used some beads for holly and mistletoe berries and poinsettia buds. The size is about 20''.

Here are some other beautiful entries from the challenge:






I was thrilled that my piece took the second place and brought me a beautiful fabric prize!

During the afternoon after the meeting there were some Christmas demonstrations, and I showed some ladies how to make poinsettia appliqué, and I think I'll also make a small tutorial for that here on the blog, too.

Linking up to Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts
Crafted Applique Linky Party at Buzzing Bumble

11 comments:

  1. Your mini quilt is beautiful! I would love to see a poinsettia tutorial. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little quilt! I love that bird, so cute! Congratulations on your prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is such a cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your entry is beautiful and very worthy of a top prize. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I particularly love the stunning red flowers and the cones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful entries. I like yours very much. Happy December.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lena that is the most gorgeous Christmas quilt! You literally took my breath away. Of course you so often do. I love the way you did the background and am so impressed that you did the little robin and the poinsettias free hand. That's amazing!
    The whole show looks like it was a lot of fun. Very inventive and different projects. Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous Christmas mini quilt!! The details are amazing!! I love your addition of the beads , too! Congratulations!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mini quilt is gorgeous. Don't you just love that crafted applique technique?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...