Wednesday, 5 July 2017

Progress Report

A progress report on my One Block Wonder quilt (see previous instalments here and here).

After finalising the layout I stitched together the vertical column of half-hexagons:

And then put the columns together, see how the look changed after the seam allowances went to the back:

The fabric is satin and quite naughty, so I didn't really bother matching all the seams to a point, in many cases they are a bit off.
But the satin finish has a plus side, too: it creates a nice shine and facet-like look to the quilt. I will be still visible after quilting.

Here it is on the bed. It cover most of the bed surface, so I need a border for the overhang, and, unfortunately, I don't have enough suitable fabric (and also not enough backing and not enough batting - I have made any bed-size quilts in a while), so I need a fabric shopping trip.

Linking up to Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts


  1. This makes me want to get my 'parts' out and finish up my quilt!

  2. You are quite brave to work with satin, but it does look very beautiful!!


  3. I love seeing quilts in non-traditional fabrics! I'll bet this one really shimmers, although it's probably hard to capture that with the camera.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...