Wednesday 5 July 2017

Progress Report

A progress report on my One Block Wonder quilt (see previous instalments here and here).

After finalising the layout I stitched together the vertical column of half-hexagons:


And then put the columns together, see how the look changed after the seam allowances went to the back:


The fabric is satin and quite naughty, so I didn't really bother matching all the seams to a point, in many cases they are a bit off.
But the satin finish has a plus side, too: it creates a nice shine and facet-like look to the quilt. I will be still visible after quilting.


Here it is on the bed. It cover most of the bed surface, so I need a border for the overhang, and, unfortunately, I don't have enough suitable fabric (and also not enough backing and not enough batting - I have made any bed-size quilts in a while), so I need a fabric shopping trip.


Linking up to Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts

4 comments:

  1. This makes me want to get my 'parts' out and finish up my quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite brave to work with satin, but it does look very beautiful!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing quilts in non-traditional fabrics! I'll bet this one really shimmers, although it's probably hard to capture that with the camera.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...